Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Week

A new week. A new challenge. And a confession.

Dang! It's hard to not shop. Last week I challenged myself and the whole worldwide village to abstain from shopping for one week. It was harder than I thought it would be.

I wanted to save all my shopping for Friday. But on Thursday I was feeling a little bored so I went to Ye Olde Thrifty Shope to browse. Spent about $15 which isn't going to damage my poverty budget. And I did find some things that have been on my eternal "to buy list". I guess what I learned is that if I go into a store, I'll probably spend. If I don't go into a store, I won't.

So, even though I failed the challenge last week, I'm up for a new one.

Have you ever gone into Wal-Mart for eggs, milk and pantyhose, only to realize upon check out that you don't qualify for the Speedy Checkout lane? 20 items or less?

Challenge for Week #2: Create your shopping list then stick to it. That means, if you get to the store and you remember you're out of pantyhose, make do without until next week. And don't forget to put it on next week's list. At the top.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I'd do without my shopping lists! And I've found that shopping out of boredom is generally no good -- you either end up buying stuff that you hadn't planned on, or you leave without making a purchase but wanting things you didn't know you wanted.

    ReplyDelete