Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner: Monday, January 26

Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Meatballs
Cooked Carrots
Pineapple
(no bread)
Total Cost: $4.35

Spaghetti and meatballs without garlic bread is a sad thing. I used up my refrigerated dough to make cinnamon rolls for the kids for an after-school snack. I also had a headache, so dinner got no creative juices from me.

Some nights you just need a boring dinner. No weird herbs or spices. No strange ingredients or labor intensive elements. You just want to sit down and eat without thinking.

I sat down for dinner and my sweet husband had accidentally grated asiago on my spaghetti and my pineapple. He said it was just like Hawaiian pizza, but I think the headache made it taste exactly like pineapple with asiago on top. If you closed your eyes and took a bite of spaghetti and pineapple with asiago, it tasted sort of like Hawaiian pizza. But you had to think about it really hard, and like I said, tonight wasn't a good night for thinking hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment