Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dinner: Tuesday, January 20


Baked Potato Bar
Buttered Brussels Sprouts

Total Cost:
$6.75

No matter how much money you have, there comes a time each day when you need to answer the question, "What's for dinner?" Last night, the answer was "Whatever is quick and easy." (Hmmm...that was the answer for the night before, as well.)

Anyway, baked potatoes are one of my favorite standby meals. They ain't never done me wrong. Here's what we did: we "baked" ten potatoes in the microwave, sliced up an onion, chopped half a bell pepper and two tomatoes, shredded some sharp cheddar, reheated a can of chili, and put out the sour cream and salsa.

We also steamed about 15-20 Brussels sprouts, and baptized them in butter with a shakey-shake of salt.

My baked potato was so loaded that I was full after just one. I loved every bite of my buttery Brussels sprouts. The whole family loved this nutrient dense meal.

Favorite dinner moment: When my six-year-old peeled the leaves off a Brussels sprout to "get to the brain". We had artichokes a while ago and he loved getting to the artichoke heart. I guess Brussels sprouts have a brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment